Early social media users could not edit their comments. Any embarrassing remark made by a shady character would stay there forever. We were not given the option to delete comments until Instagram’s initial wave of updates in 2013.
In terms of comments – both the ones we leave and the ones we receive – we now have much more power. In this guide, we’ll explain how to delete, edit and turn off comments on Instagram.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- A comment on Instagram can be deleted in two situations.
- You can delete any comment you place on your own Instagram post but you can only delete your own comments left on other people’s posts.
- Here’s how you can delete comments from Instagram, whether you’re using the desktop or mobile apps.
Although social media seems eternal a typo or a comment you regret posting for some other reason does not have to stick around if you don’t want it to.
You can go back to Instagram and delete the comment. However, there are some limitations to what you can do.
for example, delete any comment on one of your own posts (spammers beware) but you can only delete your own comment on someone else’s post.
If you have an iPhone, Android, or computer, you can delete any type of comment.
Table of Contents
How To Delete A Comment On Instagram On Your IPhone Or Android
1.Open the Instagram app sign in if you haven’t already and find the post with the comment you want to remove.
- Click on the comment icon (speech bubble) or any of the comments below the post.
- iPhone users should slide left on a comment; Android users should tap and/or hold the comment to select it.
- Tap the trash can icon to delete your comment.
How To Delete A Comment On Instagram On Your Computer
- Log in to Instagram.com, sign in if necessary and locate the post with the comment you wish to remove.
- After clicking on the post, move your cursor over the comment (you will see three dots appear in the right corner).
Tap the three dots on a comment, then press the delete button.
3. After clicking the three dots, select “Delete”.
Will The Person Get Notified When You Delete Their Comment?
Instagram does not notify you when you delete a comment on your post. It is possible, however for them to return to the post and discover that their comment has been removed.
Can You Undelete An Instagram Comment?
No. Deleted comments are permanently removed. Restoring deleted Instagram comments is not currently possible.
We’ve all been there. Someone you know posted an Instagram photo that needs to be reviewed by your buddies immediately. However, when you capture a
Here we are showing you quick guide on how to take screenshot on windows, Android, Iphone and mac because Screenshots are useful You may use
How To Hide Comments On Instagram
There is another option if deleting an Instagram comment seems too definitive. You may completely hide your Instagram comments.
Can you hide a comment on your Instagram post?
Definitely. Instagram posts can be hidden in a few ways.
You can hide them by setting an automatic filter. Instagram will be able to hide inappropriate or insulting comments if you enable this option.
Here’s How To Enable It:
- Start Instagram.
- Click the person icon at the bottom-right corner of the page to access your profile.
- Press the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner of the page.
- From the drop-down menu, select Settings > Privacy > Comments.
- Select Hide Offensive Comments.
On the same page, you can also choose to hide any comments containing specific terms you specify.
Click Here To Return To The Comment Controls Page:
- Turn on the Manual Filter switch.
- Use a comma to separate each new word in the terms you wish to filter.
Lastly, you can block a specific Instagram user from commenting on your photos.
Even if you restrict someone on Instagram, they can still comment on your posts, but their comments will only be visible to them. By clicking “See Comment,” you can view the comment and make it public by clicking “Approve.” You can also choose to delete it or ignore it.
If you restrict someone, they won’t be able to see if you are using Instagram or if you have seen their message. Additionally, you won’t receive notifications from them. So it’s less drastic than an Instagram block, but it’ll keep an annoying commenter away.
Here’s How To Restrict Someone On Instagram:
- Start Instagram.
- Find that person’s profile.
- Press the three horizontal dots in the top-right corner of the page.
- Click Restrict.
- Click it again to confirm.
How To Disable Comments On Instagram
You can just deactivate comments on your post if you decide you don’t want to deal with them at all. Turning off Instagram comments stops anyone from leaving a comment on a specific post.
Here’s How To Turn Comments Off On A Post:
- Start Instagram.
- You can access your profile by clicking the person icon in the bottom-right corner of the page.
- Find the post you wish to disable comments on.
- Click the three horizontal dots in the top-right corner of the screen.
- You can turn off commenting there.
Any previously left comments are hidden when you disable comments on a post. When you enable comments again, the past comments will be restored, and people will be able to comment on your post once more.
How To Comment Privately On Instagram
The ability to privately comment on someone’s Instagram post does not exist at the time of writing. Even if your profile is private, any comments you make on someone else’s post will be visible to anyone who follows them.
A direct message can, however, be sent to a person about a post. This interaction is private and not visible to other followers.
Here’s How To Do That:
- Start Instagram.
- Go to the post you wish to comment on.
- Click the paper plane icon beneath the post.
- To find the user you want to send a message to, scroll down or type the user’s username into the search bar.
- Add your comment to the message.
- Click Send.
You will not notify the person who posted the item if you send it to them. If the account that posted it was private, then only followers of the account that posted it will have access to it.
Why Are My Instagram Comments Not Showing Up?
If your Instagram comments are being restricted or are not showing up, several factors may be to blame.
Check your Wi-Fi connection first to ensure everything is working properly. Your comments might not go through if your router is having problems.
After that, you should check if your Instagram app is up-to-date. Out-of-date apps have been known to crash and have other issues. You may be able to resolve the comment issue by updating your app.
Finally, It is possible That your Behavior Violates Instagram’s Policies In Some way, Including:
- In one comment, you made more than five mentions.
- Your caption contained more than 30 hashtags.
- There are too many (or duplicate) comments on a single post.
- Banned words, phrases, or hashtags were used.
- The person who made the post may have blocked you or a word you’re trying to use.
- You have reached Instagram’s daily activity limit of 500 actions (comments, followers, and likes).
If you believe you have broken one of these guidelines, you should log out of the app and try again later. Additionally, you can contact Instagram’s Help Center for further assistance.
How To Edit Your Instagram Comment (Caption)
At the time of writing, Instagram captions can only be changed once they’ve been posted. Comments on your own or other people’s posts cannot be modified.
Here Are Instructions For Editing Your Instagram caption:
- Start Instagram.
- Click the person icon in the bottom-right corner of the page to access your profile.
- Locate the post you want to change the caption for.
- Click on the three horizontal dots in the top-right corner of the post.
- Select Edit.
- Change the caption.
- Click Done.
No matter how old the photo is, you can change the caption as many times as you like.
Can You Edit Your Comments On Other People’s Posts?
No. To edit a comment you made on another account’s post, you must delete the comment and write it again.
Social media comments are the most unique way to communicate. Even with direct messages and mentions, commenting is still a terrific way to communicate with your online community.